If you’re anything like me, with the holidays are fast approaching, you still have no clue what to get for your friends and coworkers. While purchasing a unique gift for everyone would be ideal, I just do not have the time or the money; so I bring you today’s Do It Yourself holiday trick- Chocolate Peppermint Truffles compliments of Bakerita. Wrapped up in a cute holiday cellophane bag or perfectly placed in a holiday box, these treats are sure to please everyone on your list. ENJOY!
Chocolate Peppermint Truffles
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (16 ounce) box Candy Cane JoJo’s (from Trader Joes) or mint-flavored Oreos
- 1 (10 ounce) bag of white candy melts
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Dark chocolate, melted (optional)
1. In a food process, grind cookies until they are a fine powder. In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese and oreos until no white streaks of cream cheese remain.
2. Place in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes. They can be refrigerated up to overnight.
3. Shape into about 40 tablespoon-sized balls. Melt white candy melts and dip truffles. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet to set.
4. If desired, sprinkle on sprinkles before the outside sets or wait until they are set and drizzle on dark chocolate. Keep refrigerated.
Yields 40 truffles